Books are a great form of knowledge in society. Reading “self help” or non-fiction books is a great way to familiarize yourself with a specific subject and the practices of it. Books can also serve as a form of entertainment in the case of fiction books. These books not only give you a great story to read but can also give you something that you can relate to. Reading long distance relationship fiction books can serve as a form of great comfort by allowing you to relate to the relationship in the book and the situations the characters go through.
For the avid reader and book lover a book is the perfect gift to share with your partner. Whether you’re looking for a self help book filled with advice or a piece of fiction, where you can find yourself escaping into someone else’s world, a book is always a great gift. It’s important to familiarize yourself with long distance relationships if you’re planning on being in one and there is no better way to do so than by reading about them.
Long Distance Relationship Books
Here are some great long distance relationship books that are worth reading:
- Once upon an ever after (once upon a road trip #2) – Angela N Blount North meets south in this long distance relationship story. Angeli starts a long distance relationship with computer savvy Southern boy, Vincent. This story is all about Vincent’s determination to make the relationship work despite all odds. He has to survive meeting the parents, trying to win over all of Angeli’s friends and Northern hospitality.
- After “I Do” a marriage map – Jeffrey A St. Charles. This book is all about beating the odds and making a long distance marriage work.
- From stranger to lover: 16 strategies for building a great relationship long distance – Lisa McKay From stranger to lover is packed full of advice. The book was written to help you and your partner survive in your long distance relationship. This book will help you avoid common long distance relationship mistakes and it will also help you to grow a solid bond with your partner.
- 201 great discussion questions for couples in long distance relationships – Lisa McKay and Michael Wolf. Do you ever feel lost for words when talking to your partner? Do you feel like you have run out of things to say to each other? This book gives you 201 questions to ask each other in a long distance relationship. These questions will help you keep conversations fresh, laugh, grow as a couple, and really get to know each other.
- Love at the speed of email – Lisa McKay. Lisa is 31 years old and still single when she receives an unexpected email from across the globe. The email forces her to decide what she really wants in life. She has to make a decision, a decision that will change her life!
- The long distance relationship survival guide – Chris Bell. This long distance survival guide provides eight skills to help make your relationship work.This guide deals with issues such as trust, fidelity, time, schedules, stress, sex and still having fun despite the distance. This guide shows us that with hard work and patience a loving long distance relationship can thrive and grow even though you are miles apart.
- Separated by duty, united with love – Shellie Vandervoorde. This book addresses the challenges of a long distance relationship and contains honest and clear advice. It’s aimed specifically at couples who have been separated by duty and united with love such as Military couples.
Fiction and nonfiction books are a great form of entertainment and knowledge but if you really want to give each other something special, consider a relationship book or a gift book with notes in it as a gift for your partner.
Your own relationship book
A relationship book is a great way to keep your relationship on record. Make a book that you can both write to each other in. Write letters, things you miss about your partner, things you love about your partner and things going on in your life at the moment. Post the book back and forth to each other. This is a very special way to document your relationship together.
To learn more about long distance relationship and how to make it work, read our story here!